in the Blog
le 25 January 2010
In France, since 2007, big network operators are installing optical fiber in big cities. This new technology allow a very high speed Internet access, and new services
Since the beginning of the fiber deployment, Orange and Free, the 2 biggest French operators, are using two different technologies to provide us with fiber-based Internet access. What are those technologies ? What are each technology pro & cons ?
Let’s explain this, with some drawings too ! ...
le 25 January 2010
In the next few days (between January 26 and 29) at Mexico, the ACTA negociations will continue ...
But what all of this is about ? ...
le 6 January 2010
Finally, since coucouf, aka Aurélien, sent me the source code of its tetris, I decided to produce a last video summing-up all what we coded for Arduino and LolShield from Jimmie P Rodgers during 26C3 in Berlin...
Starting with the graphic library of Alex Wenger, we created some programs and other liibraries : an enhanced version of the Charlieplexing library from Alex, a figure drawing library (Figure.cpp) and text drawing one (Text.cpp), with a minimal font.
Jimmie just opened a Google (...)
le 5 January 2010
In July 2004, Patrick Le Lay, who where at this time CEO of TF1 (the first privately owned television in France), was sentenced to a mediatic death because he says a plain thing, which was, at this time, taken out of its context, but which made him notoriously famous :
"What we sell to Coca-Cola, it’s available human brain time. " (cf wikipedia)
Today, I have a far better inappropriate expression to tell you about, an expression that has been totally unnoticed, but that really deserves your attention.
Guess what funny name Internet access providers and Internet content providers gave to Internet Users ?
Let me tell you a little story...
le 30 December 2009
This is the last article on LOL Shield for Arduino before a while (I guess), this fantastic circuit from Jimmie P Rodgers : We where glad to obtain this wednesday morning a library, (under LGPL license, perfect :) ) created by Alex Wenger, from the ArduinoBuch Blog, which is no less than a graphic driver for the LOL Shield !
le 29 December 2009
During that second day at the 26th Chaos Communication Congres at Berlin, I choose to make it a manual and active day : Jimmi P Rodgers, a friend of Mitch (the inventor of the TVBGone) brought an electronic kit called "LOL Shield for Arduino". It’s a 14x9 led panel, either green or red, driven by an Arduino, a microcontroller board with an Atmel 328, and a USB/Serial converter, which make it very easily programmable.
Let’s go for a small demo, source and video ...
le 27 December 2009
During this first day at the 26e Chaos Communication Congress, I made a small video on a printer which can do 3D plastic objects !
What does it looks like, how does it work and how those objects looks like ? ...
A 3D Printer ...
le 16 April 2007
The trick & tips of the moment : we recently upgrade the secondary dns server of Lautre.Net. We are now using bind 9.3.
We has the following error message for all the hosted domains :
Apr 16 00:34:38 ns2 named: client 184.108.40.206#1293: received notify for zone 'sonntag.eu.org'
Apr 16 00:34:38 ns2 named: zone taous.net/IN: refused notify from non-master: 220.127.116.11#1293
le 25 January 2006
Yesterday, a new version of AlternC was published. AlternC is a hosting control panel software suite I created some years ago with friends. Antoine, aka anarcat was payes by Koumbit to correct bugs and security issues in the previous version of the AlternC core. You can download it now for i386, amd64 and PowerPC.
The Changelog file will give you relevant informations about this project’s news, corrected bugs (...)
le 25 January 2006
This morning, the web site was down, certainly due to a ram issue. However, it is now back online.
After the reboot, postgrey, an anti-spam daemon using an automagically filled whitelist database refused to start with the following error in syslog:
ERROR: can’t create DB environment: No such file or directory
I found that the greylisting database in /var/lib/postgrey was corrupted. When I strace postgrey start script with strace -f /etc/init.d/postgrey start I saw misc error messages such (...)
0 | 10
In the Octopuce boat ...
- 15 February 2016 – Accélérer votre réponse SSL/TLS avec l’OCSP Stapling
- 9 February 2016 – Débugger PHP en CLI avec Xdebug & Vim
- 14 September 2015 – Analyser une attaque avec les logs d’Apache2
- 30 April 2015 – Conditions générales de vente
- 7 April 2015 – Testing Augeas lenses with augparse on Debian GNU/Linux
La Quadrature du Net
- 22 March – Le rapport « del Castillo » sur le code européen des télécoms, de mal en pis
- 16 March – Lettre ouverte aux législateurs européens sur les réseaux Internet communautaires
- 6 March – Filtrage automatisé des plateformes : La Quadrature envoie ses arguments aux eurodéputés
- 6 March – ePrivacy arrive au Parlement européen : La Quadrature publie son analyse
- 3 March – Lettre ouverte internationale des ONG demandant la suspension du Privacy Shield
Old stuff ...
- 12 mars 2014 – Ladar Levison (Lavabit) au Parlement Européen
- 12 March 2014 – Ladar Levison (Lavabit) at the European Parliament
- 11 juin 2015 – Signature antivirus & Clamav
- 1 February 2015 – DDOS on La Quadrature du Net, analysis
- 25 mai 2015 – Comment convertir vos fichiers Kindle en ePub (et enlever leurs DRM)